Installing the TechNexion low-profile AXON heatsink
The following steps and picture describe how to install the TechNexion heatsink onto an AXON module (AXON-E-IMX8M-PLUS, or AXON-IMX8M-MINI).
1. Prepare your AXON baseboard, AXON module, wireless antenna (if applicable) and AXON heatsink kit. Besides this, you need the following tools: A hexagonal 3.0 x 7.5 sleeve screwdriver and a pincer (tweezers).
2. Locate four mounting holes on the baseboard (these are 4 soldered standoffs). Align module with the holes and baseboard connectors, and gently press into the development board to secure it. Press on the mounting holes and directly above the board to board connectors. Do not press in the center of the module. You will hear an audible click sound as the connectors are mated.
3. Place heat sink thermal pads on the applications processor and wireless module, and also install the provided mylar sticker on the heat sink bottom of the heat sink.
4. Locate the MHF4 wireless antenna connector on the module. Align the small round MHF4 connector at the end of the antenna cable onto this connector. Once aligned, will need to press down on the antenna cable connector until you hear a click sound.
5. Insert 4x dual-threaded hex screws (provided) into the holes and tighten.
6. Insert slowly the heat sink and gently press into the development board. Then secure the heatsink with 4 hex nuts (provided).